Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Waz up Wednesday? - Anniversary idea


Waz up Wednesday's is when I talk about a project I've been working on recently. It may still be a project I'm currently working on or one I have recently finished.


This past Valentine's Day was our 8th year wedding anniversary. Yeah!

It's not a big one, but I wanted to do something memorable.

maybe because last year we were so busy getting ready to move that we pretty much over looked it. 

we finally decided in May to get us a BBQ grill as a anniversary/mother's day/ father's day gift.

I found this idea and loved it! 

Giving a gift every hour, at eight past the hour, for eight hours.
 (you could do this with any year)

I gave my husband a box, with all the gifts labelled with their times, right before he left for work.

The first one was to be opened at 8:08 am.

Each gift had a quote added to it. some were funny some just sweet.

(some of the ideas came from other sights so click on links below pictures for original  posts)

I started off with a funny gift.
magic 8 ball

Quote:

Things that matter most, must never be at the mercy of things that matter least.

9:08

8 book marks

Quote:

I wanna be your favorite hello and your hardest goodbye

10:08

I made lemon bars and didn't take a picture of them apparently.


Quote:

Pucker up! because I love you!

11:08
8 fortune cookies with things I hope happens in our life

Quote:

Sometimes on the way to the dream you get lost and find a better one

12:08
8 coupons in a coupon book

Quote:

Happiness is being married to your best friend

1:08

8 heart/butt cookies

 Quote:

I love you with all of my butt, I would say my heart, but my butt is bigger!

2:08
library checkout  card with 8 major things in our life and book light

Quote:

Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite

3:08
scroll of 8 things I love about him

Quote:

I loved you then, I love you still, I always have, I always will

It was a lot of fun putting this together. My husband still talks about it. He did say it made his day feel longer, but that it was okay because he liked it.

1 comment:

Stueller said...

I love it Emmalee... that is so incredibly creative!