Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Food Friday! - Carrot Cake

I love carrot cake! My husband dose not.


So at our house we only have it once a year, usually Easter.


I took about 3 different recipes and combined what I liked and made my own.

This recipe is so good for you, you could have it for breakfast.



So that is what we did. Easter Morning we had carrot cake muffins!


Carrot Cake

1/2 C honey
3/4 C oat flour (take old fashioned oats and blend in a food processor or put through a wheat grinder, until it is flour, I do large batches and just keep a container of it in my pantry)
3/4 C whole wheat flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt
1/3 C chopped walnuts (optional)
1/2 C raisins (optional. I don't care for them in my carrot cake personally)
2 eggs
1tsp. Vanilla
3 1/4 C shredded carrots (about 2lbs. I shred them on my food processor)
1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple (do not drain)

peel and shred carrots.
place flours, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, walnuts, raisins, in a bowl and mix by hand.
Add all remaining ingredients and mix by hand until well blended. (If your willing to get messy you could actually stick you hand in the mix to mix it. It works well, I promise)
place mix into a greased 9 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 min or until done.

for muffins bake about 20-25 min.

Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz. Cream Cheese (low or non-fat)
1tsp. vanilla
1/4 C honey

let cream cheese come to room temp. whip in mixer. add vanilla and honey and mix until blended.

No comments: