Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Waz Up Wednesday's? - Ten Week Challenge

 Waz up Wednesday's is when I talk about a project I've been working on recently. It may still be a project I'm currently working on or one I have recently finished.


I know this is not a craft project, but it is a project on myself. It will also be on my to do list for the next while.


Have you had days, months, or years like this?



I have struggled with me weight ever sense hitting puberty. I really never tried to do anything too serious about it until about a year after my first child was born. I lost 50 lbs that year and still had more to go, but got pregnant.

I made it through the pregnancy with out hitting my highest (non-pregnancy) weight. It was great, I was motivated. I went back to work at losing weight. It got frustrating. I was working just as hard as before and losing it half as fast.

 After 9 months of that and still being 10 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight, plus a few other life demands. I gave up.



I kept telling myself I was going to maintain, just not lose any more. now I think...

 That was nearly two years ago. I've now gained it all back. I'm ten pounds shy of my heaviest (non-pregnancy) weight. Back to ground zero. I've been trying to get motivated this past year, but it only last about 2-3 weeks and then the scale shows nothing for it.



At Easter time I decided I really needed to focus on another fitness goal and not on the scale because it was just depressing me, not motivating me. I decided I wanted to run.



I have always admired those who run. Never had the desire to do it myself, as a younger person, thought it would be sooo boring. Now it sounds nice and almost relaxing. more noise in my everyday life I guess. My only problem is that I have never been able to run. If I run more then a few seconds my lungs start to burn. Even the couch to 5K plans I see out there were/are to advanced for me.



 I came up with my own plan. It's more of a step by step plan not a day by day plan. Each time I pass a off a step, wither it takes one week or five or more, I will celebrate. I will feel good about myself! I will focus on what I have accomplished not on what I still need to to.

I will only be working on running once a week. The rest of the week I will be doing other things I enjoy for work outs as well. I think over all fitness will help me with the running too.

Last week My sister called with an idea of doing a weight loss challenge. we have done them with our family before, but this time we wanted to have our extended family en-valved. We are basing this off the plan we found on Six sisters stuff. We extended it to a ten week challenge, rather then their eight week one, because it will then end the weekend before our annual family reunion. 

My plan:

I will be exercising 5 days a week, eating whole foods (as close as possible), and counting calories. We started the challenge this past Monday. There is points for exercising, eating right, drinking enough water, etc. We also get points for losing weight. There will be two winners at the end. the one with the most overall points and the one who lost the most weight. I'm just hoping this will get me started on my weight loss journey!


 All pictures I found on Pinterest.


No comments: