Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream

My youngest toad is lactose intolerant. It hasn't been to bad of a change for our family. If anything it has made us eat a little healthier, cutting out food with a lot of cream or cheese. I think the hardest thing has been ice cream. We love ice cream at our house and any non-dairy ice cream is hard to find and expensive when you do. I was so excited to find this super easy ice cream recipe made with coconut milk. Now my little toad can enjoy with us without the tummy ache afterwards.

2C coconut milk (canned whole fat is best, I couldn't find any. you can substitute with almond milk too)
1/3C honey
1T + 1t of pure vanilla extract

combine all ingredients in a blender. chill if needed (must be cold) Add to ice cream maker, follow manufacturer's directions for churning. add any add-ins you choose during the last few minutes of churning.

No comments: