Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Raspberry Jam

I love Raspberries. My family has had raspberry bushes as long as I can remember. So it is only natural that we always had raspberry jam on hand.
Now that I have my own little family and am trying to cut down on a few things -- like sugar--I went looking for a no sugar added freezer Jam recipe. I didn't find one, unless you want to add Splenda, which I do not. I did however find out about a product I had not heard of before called Ultra gel. This is a product made in Utah. you can find it in Stores around here or order it on line. Basically what it does is gel up any liquid you have, hot or cold. It freezes well too.

this is what the bottle looks like.



I found two different Jam recipes online using it and they have one on the bottle. I sort of made up my own and it has turned out great.

4C of mashed fruit (you can add a cup of apple sauce to replace one of the cups of raspberries to cut price)
2T lemon or lime juice
1C sugar (optional)
1/2C ultra gel

mix fruit, lime juice, sugar together until well mixed. slowly add ultra gel while constantly mixing. let stand 5 min then mix again until smooth. fill jars, put lids on and freeze.




finished product


I think I may try it again and not add any sugar. I think it might work.

No comments: