Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Curly boys hair cut

I have never taken a hair cutting class in my life. I did how ever watch my mother cut my four brother's hair growing up and I also know how much it cost to get a hair cut professionally. My two toads have very different hair. One has brown, straight hair and the other has blonde curly hair. So they get different hair cuts.cutting curly hair is not easy. I've also been afraid that if I cut off his curls i will never see them again.

Here is what you need:
Spray bottle of water
sharp scissors (hair scissors are best)
comb
sheet (only if your not doing this on a hard surface where you can sweep up)
tall chair or stool
mirror or/and TV

choose a time of Day your child is most happy. putting them in front of the TV watching a favorite program or for some older children a mirror to see what you are doing might be enough. you can either strip them down or put a towel around them to help keep the hair off the clothes. (tip for you: don't wear socks)


Time to get started!


1. spray down the hair and comb through it.


2. take the comb and comb down the back to find desired length. remember curly hair bounces back so you will want to cut it longer then you may think. Cut at desired length.


3. using that first cut as a guide cut the rest of the hair the same length. pull hair at a vertical angle from the head with some hair from the original/ previous cut and cut to the length of the shorter hair.


continue this with the rest of the head. You may want to trim around the ears and side burns to give it a more clean look.


YOUR DONE!

No comments: