Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dust Bunnies

I can't remember where I got this idea. I believe a friend said something on facebook about making dust bunnies out of socks too make dusting more fun for kids.

This is what I pictured...


Here is how you make it.

 Take an old white sock and turn it inside out.


Cut down the middle. Make it as long as you would like the ears to be. I wouldn't go more then half way.


sew the ears. you could hand sew if you do not have a machine.


flip it right side out.


For the next step you will need thread, needle, and some cotton. (cotton balls would work too).


Shove that cotton into the heal of the sock and make a tight ball.


Use the thread and needle and weave it through the sock around the ball.


Pull tight and tie it off.


Check the inside, if you still have a little hole then sew it shut, so you don't lose any stuffing.


Now you are done!


A new meaning to Dust Bunnies!

No comments: