Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Train and Airplane Quilts

I'm so excited for today's post! I started this last September and was hoping to have them finished for Christmas. I might have done it if I didn't make anything else. I finally finished in May and I love them! What do you think?


I took a quilting class in collage (wont say how many years ago). Thinking I knew what I was doing  made a wall hanging about 2'x3'. Not the prettiest thing. Don't even have a picture.

 I came across a blog, Diary of a quilter (before pinterest) that has a tutorial on how to make a quilt. I learned more from that tutorial then I ever did in the quilting class. After feeling confident I knew what I was doing, I took the plunge and made two twin size Quilts! 


My favorite part of the airplane quilt is the pinwheel squares that look like airplane propellers. 
 



With the airplane quilt I went for a more detailed (complicated) center with a basic (easy) boarder. with the train I went the other way around. The train boarder was probably what took the longest out of the whole project.



My favorite part of the train quilt is the railroad track boarder. I came up with that one on my own.




1 comment:

Katie said...

How cute Em!!!! Awesome job! Who cares how long it took you... at least you finished it!!!!! :)