Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Wooden Airport

My oldest stinker toad loves trains and has more wooden train pieces then I care to count. 

Well stinker toad 2 loves airplanes almost as much as his brother does trains. So we wanted to get him a wooden airport.

I couldn't spend much on it this year because Santa was cutting back, so I decided to take this idea I had in my mind and make one. (why do I do things like this?)

Santa's quality was not so good this year.

let's just say it fell apart that same day.

Over all the boys love it and still play with the pieces, but I would be doing things different if I re-did it.

Note to self: don't use fiber-wood and hot glue.
I would use real wood and liquid nails if I was doing it over again.
[update: after doing my homework, I would use Gorilla Glue or Zap-a-Gap. I still would not recommend fiber type wood.]

(sorry the picture quality is so bad i took it with my phone with the intention to take more with my camera later. didn't happen)
meant to look like a suitcase closed up

open up to a runway and airport
It was still pretty neat looking before it was played with.

2 comments:

K.F. Wright said...

Very creative! Too bad it fell apart :(

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Wow--what an incredible idea!! I am impressed. My Little Man would love this. You've inspired me to see if I can think of a fabric version! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!